(this post is pretty much just me going on and on; you have been warned)
I would like to publicly apologize to all the people in Relief Society that have to hear my child make monkey noises the entire time. I don't know what her deal is. We go to church at nine. Her regular nap time is 10:00 so during Sunday school she gets angry, I walk around the building a thousand times and she finally takes a twenty minute nap. Then she is ready to play when she wakes up in Relief Society. She makes this lovely monkey noise when she wants something; and there are so many exciting things to hold and eat that she goes crazy. Today we sat by a lady that was holding a seven week old baby. His was kicking his feet and this caught Addison's attention. She dove head first for his poor little feet and managed to get her mouth on one of them before I intervened. For ten whole minutes she did whatever she could, while making monkey noises, to reach the babies feet. In the middle of all this I looked up to the little pulpit thing and noticed something odd. Covering up the microphone was Addison's black and white sock that we had lost the Sunday before. I thought that that was an extremely weird place to put a lost sock. The lady giving the lesson did not seem to notice or care that she was taking into a baby sock. At the end of the meeting I completely spaced it and we left again with one sock. Hopefully it will still be keeping the microphone warm next week!So today the lesson was about focusing on the most important things in life. It was said that you should not worry so much about your house not being clean or your homework not being done but more about the time you are able to spend with family. I completely agree with this but where is the line. Much to my Mom's surprise I am sure, I don't like sitting and watching a movie or playing a game when the dishes are not done. I hate when the living room is messy because on the rare occasion that someone stops by they will be able to see the mess I live in. I am having issues defining the line between getting chores and such done and spending time doing other things. I definitely do not want to end up like the people on Hoarders.
And that completes the ramblings of Kaitlyn.
No comments:
Post a Comment